SEO Audit Services
Stop paying for off-the-shelf marketing products. Valve+Meter’s ThinkFirst SEO Audit identifies the most effective strategies to power your Search Engine Optimization and earn high-quality leads.
Increase Your Website’s Performance With Comprehensive SEO Audit Services
Google regularly updates its PageRank search algorithm. Your competitors launch new websites and publish content every day. Don’t settle for stagnant content and empty promises from other digital marketing companies.
Professional search engine optimization (SEO) audit services evaluate your website content, structure, and technical elements against the best SEO strategies. Your potential growth relies on the visibility of your business in search engines. Many digital marketing services boast of creating dynamic websites and generating volumes of new content.
Valve+Meter Performance Marketing SEO audits consider your existing SEO strategy and existing content. Optimizing your existing pages can reinvigorate performance in organic search rankings and accelerate your SEO efforts for a fraction of the cost of all new content. With Valve+Meter’s ThinkFirst, every marketing strategy, including your SEO audit, is customized to your needs. Contact our SEO auditors today for a complete analysis of how our SEO audit process provides a competitive advantage for your organization.
What is an SEO Audit?
Website SEO audit services evaluate the ability of your site to rank well in organic search engine results pages (SERPs). At Valve+Meter, the strategy and process include a full analysis of rankings factors, including on-page and off-page SEO.
During an SEO audit, the primary factors considered include website structure, content performance, technical issues, user experience, and competitor analysis. Experienced SEO specialists research and report on each phase. This process helps identify SEO issues to fix and opportunities to improve your website for known ranking factors. SEO audits aim to create a plan of action to improve your website’s visibility in search engines and overall user experience.
Full website SEO audit services are presented clearly for you to review and consider. The key advantage of regular SEO audits is gaining insights beyond the limitations of Google Analytics, SEO tools, and conventional digital marketing. Your SEO audit service helps guide your overall SEO strategy based on data and actionable recommendations.
The Importance of Professional SEO Audit Services
Search engine optimization (SEO) demands deep insights, technical skills, and analytics to best position your business. Numerous factors determine your website’s ability to rank well in organic search results.
Studies have shown that, on average, the first organic search result on Google receives approximately 28% of clicks, the second result receives about 15%, and the third result receives about 11%. The percentage of clicks decreases further for results beyond the top three, with the tenth result receiving less than 3% of clicks on average.
A full SEO audit analyzes all ranking factors for organic search positions. Valve+Meter’s Think First eliminates the confusion and provides clear solutions to increase search traffic and earn better-qualified leads.
What Does a Professional SEO Audit Include?
SEO expertise from Valve+Meter can help you with a wide range of auditing services. You will clearly understand your website’s overall health for both on-page and off-page SEO audits. Correcting issues and adapting strategy to best practices quickly helps your performance. Generally, a website SEO audit can be split into four phases:
On-Page SEO and Content Audit
This refers to the content users see when on your web pages. Keyword rankings are the primary focus of many SEO strategies. At Valve+Meter, on-page SEO audits consider keywords and many other elements within the page. Content strategy should include proper title tags so users and search engine spiders know what each page is about. Headers that include relevant keywords are another factor in on-page SEO. Other important ranking factors include strong link quality, eliminating duplicate content, and, most importantly, people-focused content.
Content should always focus on your potential users. SEO audits often advise minor optimizations to content like changing header tags, updating images, optimizing your meta descriptions, and improving the relevance of outdated content.
Off-Page SEO and Technical SEO
Experts typically find the most opportunities for improvement within the technical audit phase. Great content prioritizes user experience, but the technical SEO auditing process focuses on search engine spiders. Also known as search engine crawlers, spiders are internet bots that systematically browse your site and the entirety of the web. Crawlers discover and index new web pages. Optimizing content helps make your website more accessible for crawlers and more searchable for users.
Many technical SEO issues, such as website structure, URLs, keywords, directory errors, backlinks, and internal link profiles, are identified during a technical SEO audit. Many website designers, content creators, and digital marketing companies place little priority on off-page SEO. This inhibits your website’s ability to reach your full SEO goals, resulting in long-lasting SEO issues as your site grows.
The technical SEO analysis aims to identify opportunities to improve how your web pages are indexed by crawlers and searched by potential consumers. Off-page analysis may also provide insights into your social media presence, backlinks, and online reputation.
Some aspects of the user experience relate to technical SEO, including website performance, speed, mobile-friendliness, and security. Proper title tags and a clear meta description on every page improve how users see your content in search results.
User experience includes on-page factors like well-written content, easy navigation, and clear contact links. The user experience is often reflected in Google Analytics and Google Search Console, including the number of page sessions and average time on a page. Impressions and clicks can measure SEO success and how users engage with your website.
SEO auditing considers how your website compares to your relevant competitors in your industry. The competitive analysis provides a gap analysis and link profile audit. These help to provide immediate areas for improvement, including keyword research and opportunities for improving backlinks.
SEO Audit Services with Valve+Meter
If your website is underperforming and organic traffic is decreasing, the solution may not be far simpler than reinventing your existing SEO strategy. Many digital marketing companies’ initial reaction to performance and search visibility changes is adding more content. This can have further negative impacts on organic search performance.
You cannot grow if you don’t know your strengths and weaknesses. Valve+Meter designed Think First as an essential stage of all our strategy and planning. Our thorough website SEO audit services examine every element of your website and provide clear and actionable reporting. When data guide your SEO strategy, great leaders gain control over your marketing efforts and reduce wasted expenses. Our SEO audit service is the first step toward your best marketing channel.
How Often Should You Perform SEO Audits?
Performing an annual SEO audit can help identify technical issues, content gaps, and missed opportunities and account for the impacts of algorithm updates on your website. There are other situations where SEO audit services are recommended:
- If you have ongoing SEO services with an SEO agency, it’s important to continuously monitor Google Analytics for bounce rates, conversion rates and other issues.
- For larger websites, industries with high levels of competition, and sites that publish content frequently, SEO audits may need to be more frequent.
- Perform an SEO audit after significant changes to a website, such as a redesign, migration to a new domain, or changes of marketing personnel or marketing agency.
By staying up-to-date and regularly monitoring your SEO, your decision-makers can take proactive steps to improve your website’s visibility and ranking in search engines.
What is the Difference Between SEO and an SEO Audit?
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a long-term strategy that involves optimizing a website or web page to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). This process includes improving website content, meta tags, header tags, images, backlinks, and other factors that search engines use to determine the relevance and authority of a website.
SEO is an ongoing process that requires continuous updates and improvements to maintain or improve search rankings. SEO is not a one-time event but a continuous effort to keep a website optimized for search engines.
An SEO audit is a singular act where a website is analyzed to identify potential issues preventing it from ranking as high as it could in SERPs. An SEO audit is essential to any SEO strategy because it helps identify and fix issues affecting a website’s search engine visibility.
SEO may be performed by writers, web developers, and marketing specialists. Experienced SEO consultants conduct SEO audits. The professional will analyze the website during the audit and report the findings. The report will include recommendations for improving the website’s SEO, including:
- Technical issues
- On-page optimization
- Off-page optimization
A complete SEO auditing service should also include a competitive analysis. The report should also help prioritize SEO efforts by identifying the most critical issues that must be addressed first. An SEO audit can help website owners improve issues they may not have known existed without it.
In summary, SEO services and audits are essential to any SEO strategy. The ongoing process of optimizing your website improves search engine visibility, and regular audits of your website can identify areas that can potentially be improved.
SEO Audit Versus SEO Audit Tools
Some SEO audit services use a tool to generate a report on the health of a webpage or a collection of pages. These types of tools are helpful to improve pages if your internal marketing team notices changes in SERP performance.
SEO site audit services with Valve+Meter analyze the entirety of your website. This can be especially important for websites designed, optimized, or updated by multiple people. For many businesses, our approach to the SEO auditing process identifies opportunities to repair prior website design, content errors, improper technical structure, and other factors inhibiting overall performance.
In essence, SEO audit tools are reactive, whereas SEO audit services for your entire website are proactive.
4 Key Benefits of SEO Audits
The SEO audit process can be time-consuming and arduous. It is important to understand the value of search engine optimization and evaluate the health of your site. There are 4 key benefits:
- Identify Technical Issues: The only way to fix an error is to identify the problem. Technical issues on your website will hinder performance in Google and other search engines. These issues can include broken links, slow page speed, improper use of header tags, and more. Many of these issues are easily remedied, and quickly improve your ranking factors with crawlers.
- Improve User Experience: Nearly all business leaders understand the power of a quality website. Helping to remedy issues affecting user experience on your website, such as poor navigation or confusing content structure, is paramount to continued success. Addressing these issues can make a website more user-friendly and engaging, increasing engagement and conversions.
- Increasing Organic Traffic: By identifying areas for improvement in technical, and user experience, and auditing on-page factors, audits can help increase organic traffic to your website.
- Competitive Advantage: Algorithm updates can reshape search rankings. To stay ahead of the competition, auditing services pinpoint areas where your website is falling behind. Identifying blind spots and providing insights on how to improve gives you an edge over competitors in search engine rankings.
Overall, an SEO audit is essential for improving a website’s performance in search engines and providing a better user experience for its visitors.
Which Type of SEO Audit Should You Buy?
Digital marketing services may offer several types of SEO audits. At Valve+Meter, the most effective SEO auditing is a full analysis but you may have areas of specific concern. We offer local SEO audits and national and e-commerce SEO auditing packages. Our free marketing analysis considers your business and situation.
Specialized SEO auditing services include:
- Technical SEO Audit: This type of audit focuses only on technical issues on your website that could be inhibiting search engine performance. A technical SEO audit includes broken links, crawl errors, duplicate content, site speed, security, mobile optimization, and other elements.
- On-Page SEO Audit: This audit is limited to optimizing web pages to improve ranking with your target audience. Keyword research is often recommended alongside other on-page factors like content quality, meta tags, header tags, and internal linking.
- Off-Page SEO Audit: If your primary concern is external factors like online reputation, citations, and your backlink profile, a basic off-page SEO audit can quickly identify areas for improvement and develop strategies to increase visibility and authority.
- Local SEO Audit: Local SEO is key to success for any business in a specific geographical area. Keyword research, competitive analysis, and improving your SEO performance within your local market is the goal of a local SEO audit. It is also imperative to perform a local citation audit and Google Business Profile/Google My Business audit.
- Link Audit: One of the most basic SEO audits is a link audit. This process quickly analyzes opportunities to fix internal links and examines the quality of inbound links. Backlinks from high authority websites are valued in SEO but poor quality backlinks can harm your reputation and performance.
- Content Audit: For older websites and sites managed by multiple marketing teams and content writers, a content audit can be beneficial. Content SEO focuses on assessing the quality and relevance of a website’s content. It evaluates factors such as content length, keyword usage, user engagement, and overall content strategy. Within content audit services, identifying keyword cannibalization and duplicate content can also help improve search results.
What Determines the Cost of SEO Audits?
Valve+Meter provides a free marketing analysis including a free SEO audit tool. This information gives you a better understanding of how our SEO company and other marketing efforts can benefit your business or organization.
The cost of complete SEO auditing services depends on a number of factors including:
- Size and complexity of your website: Smaller businesses often have a limited number of web pages. The scope of SEO auditing services will be less and more affordable in these situations. Auditing a larger, more complex website will require more time and effort.
- Scope of your SEO audit: The most effective SEO auditing services cover the breadth of your website including technical SEO, on-page SEO, link and complete review of users’ experience and competitor analysis. The costs will be lower if you only need a content or technical SEO audit.
- Expertise of the auditor: Valve+Meter assigns our most experienced and knowledgeable SEO strategists to audit your website. An experienced auditor with a proven track record of success will provide clear and accurate reporting.
- Curated SEO auditing: Our in-house SEO auditing services are customized to your specific SEO goals. Because we always work in the long-term best interests of clients, you will have access to a dedicated account manager and complete access to all analyses and reports. You own your SEO audit at the completion of the project.
In general, the cost of an SEO audit can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. In many situations, SEO site audit services recommend ongoing SEO services for continued improvement and better organic search results. The best way to get an accurate estimate of the cost of an SEO audit is to contact the consultants at Valve+Meter Performance Marketing for a free analysis.